Seeking enthusiastic and committed student leaders for our Editorial Team.
Editorial Team members will be responsible for the following actions under Mrs. Robelo’s supervision:
- Assist with club blog management
- Write educational or informational blog postings at least 1x/month
- Send 2 writing prompts to Mrs. Robelo each month
- Assist with club event coordination
- Create icebreaker slides for general meetings
- Assist club members with revision/editing support
- Respond to student questions and help maintain order during general club meetings
- Maintain communication with Mrs. Robelo and club members at all times by responding to e-mails in a timely manner
Students selected for the Editorial Team:
- Must be current FLVS students in grades 9-12
- Must have been an active member of Creative Writing Club during 2018-2019 school year
- Must be able to attend every general club meeting and Editorial Team meeting*
- Must be able to access club blog from your home computer (i.e. no parental blocks on our website)
- Must demonstrate excellence in writing and editing skills
*General club meetings occur on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST. Editorial Team meetings occur every other Friday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm.
Before you apply: Please note that in the application you will be asked to submit two brief, original writing samples. These may be work completed on your own time, or for previous classes or clubs. Include one example of creative writing and one example of informational or argumentative writing. These should be examples of your very best work. Show me what you are most proud of!
Application closes September 20th!