Read and follow submission directions carefully. Submissions that do not follow the requested format may not be considered for publication.
This blog is written for and by student creative writers in grades 6-12. All submissions should be appropriate for the target audience. Submissions containing unsavory language, or that are explicitly political, religious, or intimate, will not be accepted.
- Original works of creative writing of any genre and about any topic, including:
- Short fiction
- Chapters or excerpts of longer works of fiction
- Creative nonfiction
- Original nonfiction articles relevant to our audience including:
- Motivational pieces
- Author interviews or reviews
- How-to’s and tips about writing, creativity, time management, etc.
- Reflections on current and special events related to writing
Format and Style:
Submissions must include correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Our Editorial Board reserves the right to edit your submission, including grammar, spelling, and formatting. Submission length should not exceed 1000 words.
How to Submit:
Email your work to: Mrobelo@flvs.net
Subject line: Voyager Submission
In the body of your e-mail, copy/paste this outline and enter your information:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Pen Name (Author’s name as you would like it to appear on our blog. Please note, student last names are never posted):
- Bio (approximately 50 words about yourself including a link to your personal blog if you would like to share one):
- My parents and I have completed the FLVS Media Release form: (Answer Yes or No)
The Fine Print:
Student submissions may not be posted without parent consent. Students wishing to submit work to The Voyager must complete a copy of the FLVS Media Release form found here: https://www.flvs.net/media-release