Read and follow submission directions carefully. Submissions that do not follow the requested format may not be considered for publication.
This blog is written for and by student creative writers in grades 6-12. All submissions should be appropriate for the target audience. Submissions containing unsavory language, or that are explicitly political, religious, or intimate, will not be accepted.
- Original works of creative writing of any genre and about any topic, including:
- Short fiction
- Chapters or excerpts of longer works of fiction
- Creative nonfiction
- Original nonfiction articles relevant to our audience including:
- Motivational pieces
- Author interviews or reviews
- How-to’s and tips about writing, creativity, time management, etc.
- Reflections on current and special events related to writing
Format and Style:
Submissions must include correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Our Editorial Board reserves the right to edit your submission, including grammar, spelling, and formatting. Submission length should not exceed 1000 words.
How to Submit: